A new addition to the PMC Network education offerings is the Ultrasound Didactic MasterClass (UDMC). This course provides the didactic education that is required by AIUM, AWHONN, and ACOG for medical professionals who are seeking to perform limited obstetric sonography exams within a clinical setting.
- This is an 13-hour online course.
- Offers 16 CEUs.
- Students may view the course at their convenience 24/7 and up to six months following the registration date.
- All instructors work at a pro-life women’s health care clinic.
- The course is compliant with AIUM, AWHONN, and ACOG.
- A 144-page manual is included that contains sample forms, policies, etc.
THIS COURSE IS FOR:
- Physicians & Physician Assistants
- Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, and Licensed Practical Nurses
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographers and Certified Nurse Midwives
All instructors actually work at a pro-life women’s health care clinic. We felt this was important so that students will not get information based just upon theory but by those who are living it as well.
Susan Rutherford, MD, FACOG
Dr. Rutherford is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Maternal-Fetal Medicine, and is a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. She is the former President of the Washington State Obstetrical Association. Currently, Dr. Rutherford is the President and Medical Director of 3W Medical for Women, a reproductive health care clinic located in the University of Washington area of Seattle. She provides in the clinic medical services three days each week.
Miki Tavares, RN / Staff Nurse at Options360 Women’s Clinic
Miki has been performing limited OB ultrasound scans at Options360 Women’s clinic in Southwest Washington for 10 years. She has served as a Nurse Manager and Staff Nurse. Miki’s career includes L&D nurse of 30 years, Community Health Nurse, Childbirth Educator, and CPR instructor.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Once the course and an exam are completed with a passing score, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion and will be equipped with the preliminary knowledge needed for the hands-on portion of ultrasound training.
- You will receive a 144-page manual containing sample policies, forms, logs, etc.
- Follow the instructors with our beautifully detailed instruction manual with plenty of room for note-taking.
- All modules of the course have a discussion forum to ask questions and hear from the experts as well as each other.
This course does not cover the clinic hands-on requirement which is required to become competent in providing limited obstetric ultrasound. More about this will be provided in the course.
For more information, go to the Ultrasound Didactic Masterclass website. Be sure to check out the FAQ page on this website.